Re: Where can I find numerical codes for all LATEX Mathematical symbols

(Sent quickly. Please excuse brevity.)

On 18/02/2011, at 8:58 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> There is some information on latex mappings in the mathml and entity spec sources in the file unicode.xml which may be downloaded from
>
> http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007xml/
>
> but probably the latex unicode-math pakgae has the most up to date and maintained information:
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/unicode-math/unimath-symbols.pdf

Note that these are almost entirely defined through the work of the STIX project, so they should be comprehensive, but note

1. The table is mostly a superset of what's available in LaTeX + amsmath + others, but if a font has symbols that didn't make it into unicode yet (e.g., the mnsymbol package) those symbols cannot be listed.

2. Some different font packages in LaTeX will give different names to the same symbol.

3. You can only use all of the symbols defined above if you use unicode-math, which only runs on LaTeX with the XeTeX or LuaTeX engine; hence it's a little experimental at this stage.

Cheers,
Will