Re: math in text/html both legal and practical

HTML5's support of MathML is a big deal although IE9 finally supports
XHTML.  As someone who has bemoaned the problems of incompatibilities in the
implementation of MathML in browsers for years, I find is ironic that IE
finally added XHTML support just as the need for it goes away.  I don't
think anyone would question my assertion that HTML5 will come to dominate
how MathML is delivered in the future.

FYI:  We will be releasing a public beta of MathPlayer 3 in a few weeks that
works with IE9 and HTML5.  We're still working out some last minute issues
that have come up with trying to work around problems in IE9's lack of
support for MathML.  It will also work a little better with MathJax.

Neil Soiffer
Senior Scientist
Design Science, Inc.
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, MathDaisy, Equation Editor ~