Re: correct DOCTYPES to use on MathML 3.0 documents

Le 11/10/2010 22:27, David Carlisle a écrit :
> On 11/10/2010 20:55, Frédéric WANG wrote:
>> I'm just curious:
>> - will a DTD for XHTML 1.1 + MathML 3.0 + SVG 1.1 provided, as it is the
>> case for MathML 2?
>> - will you also give a RelaxNG schema for combining all these languages,
>> as described in section A.2.6?
>
> sorry, I didn't get time to make the dtd I promised earlier, but will
> get to it soon, but you raise some interesting questions.
>
> Historically, as noted in the (old) page
>
> http://www.w3.org/Math/characters/
>
> The mathml+xhtml dtd we distributed with mathml2 was just the
> xhtml/svg/mathml driver file with option to include mathml and exclude
> svg, expanded out by an xml parser.
>
> the driver file itself was produced by the (old) HTML Working group as
> part of their XHTML Modularisation work.
>
> I had been planning to simply update the expanded xhtml+mathml dtd
> file dropping in mathml3 in place of mathml2 but otherwise leaving
> things the same, but perhaps it would make sense to include svg (which
> version?) by default as well now? Should the html part attempt to
> model html5 or stick with xhtml1?

The W3C validator is currently using XHTML1.1+MathML2.0 and
XHTML1.1+MathML2.0+SVG1.1, while HTML5 is still indicated as an
experimental feature. So I was thinking that a smooth upgrade could be
to provide DTDs for XHTML1.1+MathML3.0 and XHTML1.1+MathML3.0+SVG1.1 (or
maybe only the latter DTD, which includes the former). I guess DTDs for
HTML5 can be generated from the RelaxNG schemas (and it's probably
already the case).
> For Relax NG combinations I should probably liaise with Henri Sivonen.
> His Validator.nu service has RelaxNG schemas for html5 (so
> html+svg+mathml) so it would probably make sense to end up including
> the same flavours of html and svg)
Yes, it is certainly a good idea to see that with Henri Sivonen. FYI,
making a RelaxNG schema for XHTML 1.1 was discussed here but I don't
know what is the status of the project:
http://lists.dsdl.org/dsdl-discuss/2010-03/0000.html

--
Frédéric Wang.