Re: subscriptshift, superscriptshift attributes for mmultiscripts tag

On 04/10/2010 21:00, Ionel Alexandru wrote:
> Hi,
> Do you think could be a good idea to have subscriptshift,
> superscriptshift attributes for mmultiscripts tag ?
> The idea is to have a way to "move on y" the exponents (pre or/and post).

It's too late to add attributes for MathML 3.0. After PR (the stage we
are at now) we can do editorial fixes, but can't really change the language.

We could of course still take requests for features for a future version
3.x or 4.

The suggestion to add the attributes isn't unreasonable (since msub and
sup have the attributes) but I'm not sure they are really needed. If you
need to adjust the positioning you may well want to adjust the
horizontal positioning as well. You could achieve the affect by using
mpadded (either on the base, or on some of the sub or super scripts) and
since such "visual tweaking" isn't really encouraged anyway in general
(although is needed sometimes in practice) I'm not sure we should add a
"convenience" attribute for adjusting the vertical position only.

However all of this is a personal reply, No doubt the Working Group will
discuss it,

Thanks for the comments,

David