Re: Linking mfrac-like operators [Re: Linking (chapter 6.4.3) probably underspecified]

On 13/04/2010 16:55, Christoph LANGE wrote:
> operators to CD definitions) makes a lot of sense and should be supported.
> This is now a different topic, therefore I changed the subject.  Maybe not in
> the way that we define a special behaviour for nested links, but in the way
> that there is an alternative<mo>-like syntax for such operator

You could probably get something to work with an munderover using an mo
with a horizontal stretch line character as the base, which gives you a
hook to hang the semantics to, You'd then have to either not worry so
much about the visual spacing or experiment with spacing and phantoms to
make it look more fraction-like.

similarly for mroot, you could, I think, put an mroot around an mphantom
with (unlinked) mphantomed hidden version of your content
(so the over-bar gets the right size) and then back in a hyperlinked
version of the operand with some negative spacing.

But having suggested that in public, I feel compelled to refer you to

http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML3/chapter3.html#presm.warnfinetuning

:-)

David