Re: mathvariant vs. plane 1

David Carlisle wrote:
>> I sure would like my Wronskians to be curly!
>> I(ie. <mi mathvariant="script">W</mi> )
>> IAlas, neither Firefox 3.0 nor Opera 10 support
>> Imathvariant="script" (nor bold-script, fraktur,
>> Ibold-fraktur or double-struck). MathPlayer 2
>> Idoes, however (congratulations! :>)
>
> Can't you add a css matching bold-fraktur so long as you have a suitable
> font?

Back in the bad-old days, I could specify one of
Wolfram's Mathematica fonts for fraktur, but
I haven't been able to figure out how to specify
the fraktur portion of STIX in css (or Cambria,
for that matter).
Do you (or anyone else) know how to spec that?

>> But it gets interesting: all three support
>> the Plane 1 sub-blocks for script, fraktur and
>> double-struck, given appropriate fonts!
>> (alas, still not bold-script, nor bold-fraktur).
>
> In FF's case this depends on stix fonts getting sorted out, I think.

Yes, they _ought_ to be able to support the mathvariants
now, but it is interesting that all(?) the plane-1
stuff seems to work out of the box...
The only problem is that approach wont work in other browsers.

bruce.miller@nist.gov
http://math.nist.gov/~BMiller/