Re: menclose: several values in the "notation" attribute

    I agree with Karl about the ambiguity of "content". I believe it's
because there are two kinds of notations:
- for "strike notations", it is clear that "content" means children of
<menclose/> but
- for "enclosing notations" it can also means the other notations (if we
don't specify that notations overlap).

    I think before the second part that describes more precisely each
notation, you should add a general mechanism to render the notations of
menclose. For instance:
    1) the children of <menclose/> have a bounding box rect1.
    2) the <menclose/> element has a bounding box rect2 whose size is
computed according to the size of rect1 and the notations used.
    3) all the notation are inscribed in rect2 (and hence possibly overlap).

    Then 2) and 3) can be explained more:
- a "strike notation" has not effect over the size of rect2
- an "enclosing notation" encloses rect1. rect2 is given by the size of
rect1 + the size of the components used to draw the notation (radical
symbols, padding...)
- "updiagonalstrike" extends from the lower left corner to the upper
right corner of rect2
- etc

    By the way, I'm not sure the following suggestion is relevant for
"circle" notation:
"In practice, paddings on each side of 0.4em in the horizontal direction
and .5ex in the vertical direction seem to work well"

    We noticed that in some cases (for instance a <menclose
notation="circle"/> arround a <mtable/>) it's better to use
sizeof(rect2) = sqrt(2)*sizeof(rect1).

F. Wang