RE: MathML-in-HTML5

So do you expect browsers like Mozilla and IE to accept HTML5 and handle
it as defined by your spec? I'm going to guess that your answer is yes
for Mozilla but no or "not my problem" for IE. If so, won't Mozilla have
to have 3 parsers and renderers, one for tag-soup HTML, one for XHTML,
and one for HTML5? Perhaps XHTML and HTML5 can share parsers and perhaps
HTML5 can be rendered by Gecko as is, thereby reducing the number of
pieces somewhat.

Regardless of whether the above is right or wrong, it sounds like you
are saying that adding MathML or <math> to HTML5 is not going to give us
MathML support in everyday tag soup HTML. At the same time, I hear that
Roger Sidje is talking about enhancing Mozilla so that his MathML
renderer will work in everyday tag soup HTML. So perhaps you guys are
talking about two completely separate things in this thread. Do I have
it right?

Paul