RE: Problems with IE

Hi.

>From the message title, I can't really recall the details of this
thread.  Can you remind me of the details?

A brief summary of the current state of affairs is that is you can pick
an extension for you files so that they are served with MIME type
application/xhtml+xml or text/xml, then instances of IE with MathPlayer
installed will be able to detect incoming documents with MathML and
display them.  However, instances of IE without MathPlayer will
generally either display the parse tree or prompt to save as a file,
depending on the MIME type and IE configuration.

In order to deal with instances of IE without MathPlayer, I think you
still have to use XSL, or some other server-side technology.

--Robert

Robert Miner
Director, New Product Development

Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California  90802
USA
Tel:  (651) 223-2883
Fax:  (651) 292-0014
robertm@dessci.com
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor,
TexAide ~