Re: [whatwg] The problems with namespaces in text/html (Was: MathML-in-HTML5)

Henri Sivonen wrote:

> Note that what you quoted above was not about throwing away namespaces
> but about not introducing namespace *syntax* to the text/html
> serialization. In fact, HTML5 requires UAs to put HTML elements in the
> XHTML namespace.

If all we're doing is HTML, fine. However people are now in this thread
talking about putting MathML into this. In other forums people are
discussing adding XForms. If I'm wrong and people are not suggesting
that MathML and XForms and similar non-HTML things end up in the HTML
namespace, then please tell me that. I;'d be very happy to know that.

However what I'm hearing is that people do want to mix in different
vocabularies such as MathML and XForms without using namespaces, and
that seems to me to be very unwise.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!