RE: Suggestion about generators of MathML code

Juan,

Your proposal for attributes to record the generator, and 'profile'
seems like a good one to me.  I think many people would find it useful.
I have added it to the list of things to consider for MathML 3.

Specifying the values for the 'profile' will take some thought. From
your examples, I can see your general idea, but I can imagine that
attribute recording a number of different things.  In particular, your
"TeX-annotation" example seems like it would be redundant with the the
annotation itself, since that <annotation> element would have a encoding
attribute.  Would you like to say more about your ideas on that?

Thanks for the constructive suggestion.

--Robert

Robert Miner
Director, New Product Development
W3C Math Working Group co-chair

Design Science, Inc.
140 Pine Avenue, 4th Floor
Long Beach, California  90802
USA
Tel:  (651) 223-2883
Fax:  (651) 292-0014
robertm@dessci.com
www.dessci.com
~ Makers of MathType, MathFlow, MathPlayer, WebEQ, Equation Editor,
TexAide ~