Re: mathml applications

Hi Neil,

On 09/gen/06, at 01:34, Neil Soiffer wrote:

> This week, I will be giving an update to a talk I gave last year
> about MathML applications.  If anyone has some new applications not
> listed on http://www.w3.org/Math/Software/ or if you have an update
> to info listed there, please send that info so I can incorporate it
> into the talk.

Since version 2.4.0, released last October, the free, open-source
AbiWord word-processor [1] can import and display MathML by means of
the AbiMathView plugin [2]. The MathML is embedded in AbiWord's
document format. In addition, it is possible to edit the math using a
LaTeX-like syntax [3].

A screenshot of a rendered formula and the LaTeX input dialog in
action is available at

	http://www.abisource.com/~fjf/InvisibleAnt/images/InsertEquation.png

The AbiMathView plugin is available for Win32, MacOSX, and Linux
systems.

Cheers,
--luca

[1] http://www.abisource.com