Re: Profiling and certificates for MathML. Avoiding imitators

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis said:
> juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com wrote:
>
>> HTML5 was defined as anything being sent as text/html.
>
> Say what? HTML5 isn't a finished specification yet, so I'm not sure
> what the past tense is doing here.

This December discussion at WhatWG community [1] become to me.

It is very interesting reading because clarifies stuff of the
MathML-in-HTML5 thing:

Generally speaking, authors are discouraged from trying to use XML on the
Web.

HTML _is_ defined as anything using text/html.

In fact, if you write content and transmit it as text/html, then the
editor of the spec says it is HTML5: "merely sending the content as
text/html makes it HTML5, regardless of what it looks like."

Therefore the example [*] i wrote on [2] when send as text/html will be
MathML. A script [**] would generate the corresponding in memory
representation usually associated to MathML.

That is all i can say about this, no will write more.

References and notes

[1]  http://www.mail-archive.com/whatwg@lists.whatwg.org/msg03664.html

[2]  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2006Dec/0033.html

[*]  Based on certain syntax associated to certain new serialization
format is beind studied by "M" organization for next generation of web
applications. Syntax based in certain scripting language playing a central
role in certain organization and in a very famous Search Engine. There is
different versions; another posibility is:

<math display='block'>
   mfrac:
      mrow:
         mi: "a"
         mo: "+"
         mn: """
             """

      mn: "b"
</math>

[**] The script does not exist because none browser supports that popular
script language. However, I know that 1.9 version of certain browser will
include native support for that script binding it to the DOM engine
remplacing javascript.