Re: Technical reasons for some options taken on design of MathML

juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com wrote:

>>> Sorry to say this, but Qmath does not fit some requirement and therefore cannot be used.

You might want to be more detailed.
>> So will you have to write your own tool ?
>>
> Please, look at
> [http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2006Feb/0012.html]

In there:
> ---Why another syntax for math?---
to which I'd answer... why *a* syntax. Your syntax seems to be more than
pangalactic with both readability, user-friendly-input, semantic, and
standards are merged in a single (canonical ;-)) way of speaking.
I don't think this is achievable. Therefore I would urge you to consider
using tools (and develop them).
I'll even go deeper with blatant self-promotion: use ActiveMath
(http://www.activemath.org/) and you get, for free, formulae
semantic-powered-presentation and formulae-search.

paul