Re: [XQueryX] reuse MathML Content Markup to represent XQuery in XQueryX

Frank Yung-Fong Tang wrote:
>>No, I don't think anyone has looked at this possibility. I've no idea
>>whether the idea has any merit. If you feel it has, I suggest you write a
>>paper on the topic for an XML conference. If it seems to offer benefits, I'm
>>sure someone will pick it up.
>
> Ok, I got some replies. It looks so far it is not an ideal explored by
> anyone yet in this two community, regarless it is a good idea or not.
> Is that right?

Give a proposal, or some examples, and people can judge it better :).

For the time being, I’m thinking that MathML and XQuery-in-XML-syntax
are two broadly different applications with very different goals, so I'm
not at all sure that those can be brought together. Good idea? I can’t
really tell, but so far I lean towards no.

There may be a little overlap where it would be beneficial to follow
MathML syntax, but I doubt it will be much, and it would not be too
terrible if such a small overlap was left for what it is. Rather, it
would be a bad idea to do things unintuitively or differently than the
ideal way just to follow MathML syntax.

Of course, I’m not very familiar with MathML beyond its
presentation-notation either.

~Grauw