Re: newbie MathML question

Okay,

All of your suggestions worked.  the .xml trick got me going right
away, and I was (finally) able to convince my admin that "yes the
documents really need to be served as such, I know they don't
validate, that doesn't matter".

Speaking of which, is it true that the validator doesn't recognize mathml?

Thank you for all of your help!

J.

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:14:39 +0100, David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> wrote:

> > http://apex.ligo-wa.caltech.edu/~justing/Distraction/q.back.xhtml
>
> your server tells me:
>
>   HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
>   Length: 844 [text/html]
>
> which tells the browser that it's html and so it will accept old style
> HTML not XHTMl and xml-stylesheets etc.
>
> You need to tell it to serve the file with an xml mime type eg
> application/xml
>
> this will require altering your server config to default .xhtml files to
> that type, or if you don't have access to teh server confifuration, name
> the file .xml and then it will probably do teh write thing
> automatically.
>
> David

> http://www.star.net.uk

- Justin Garofoli -