Re: MathML and CSS

On Wed, 19 May 2004, White Lynx wrote:

> I prefer to adopt custom XML for CSS rendereing instead of using MathML
> (another major reason is verbosity of MathML).

Doing that is meaningless. Arbitrary XML has no semantics.

Author stylesheets are always optional -- in Opera, for example, you can
press Ctrl-G at any time. With MathML (or any standard language), you are
always guarenteed that the user can always find a way to display (or
render using a non-visual device) the content appropriately. With
arbitrary XML, the user has no way to know what you intended if he does
not want (or is not able) to use your stylesheets.