Re: java api to read MathML formulas

Hi Manuel,

I'm developing a Java mathematical expression evaluator that accepts MathML
content model input. There are are fourcomponents to the software: an object
model representation of the MathML content model (not the DOM based API), an
interpreter (for numeric evaluation of a MathML based function), a code
generator (for generating efficient Java code from a MathML function
declaration), and a GUI for manipulating MathML-based functions (not a
WYSIWYG) and invoking the interpreter (useful for degugging function
expressions). The working name for this tool is MathJ.

You may download the binaries and documentation from
http://www.archimedessolutions.com. The version on the website (0.5) is very
much pre-alpha and currently the object model and interpreter only support a
subset of the MathML content model. The GUI does not yet support direct
manipulation of function structures. The API currently does not expose the
manipulation methods but I am adding that and can make that available within
a couple of days. Let me know if you are interested in getting a release.
The next version also has many performance improvements in the interpreter.

At this time I don't have a users guide for the GUI and the GUI is a very
early prototype (I've been focusing on the interpreter). You can read the
JavaDocs that come with the download or directly online.

I would love to get feedback on this project from this group in order to
improve this tool and get it to production quality. I'd be happy to
incorporate any feedback on the APIs, GUI, and other functionality, so
please feel free to contact me. I can also supply additional code samples,
other than what is in the download.

Thank you,
Stephen Albin
http://www.archimedessolutions.com