PS: interval - recommended solution

Hello,

I wrote:

> This reminds me of a problem that I posted a long, long time ago,
> about having interval both as a constructor and as a qualifier
> element. That's a dangerous syntactic ambiguity: is an apply with an
> integral operator and an interval element a) an operator on functions
> which returns the integral of an argument function over that interval,
> or b) the indefinite integral of an interval-valued function?

So much for the problem.  As a solution, I would recommend deprecating
the use of interval as a qualifier in favor of  a domainofapplication
qualifier with an interval constructor child. (Ah yes, I really do
recommend making domainofapplication a qualifier, not a constructor.)

<apply>
  </int>
  <bvar> ... </bvar>
  <domainofapplication> <interval> ... </interval> </domainofapplication>
  <apply>... </apply>
</apply>

 -- Andreas