Re: operator dictionary entries

A Ter, 2003-06-17 às 21:35, Robert Miner escreveu:
> Hi.
>
> You wrote:
>
> >  When describing the <mo> attributes, the MathML reference indicates
> > this in a table:
> >   symmetric true | false set by dictionary (true)
> >
> > (this is in section 3.2.5 Operator, Fence, Separator or Accent (mo))
> >
> >   However, the suggested operator dictionary, in "appendix F Operator
> > Dictionary (Non-Normative)", does not include a symmetric attribute.
>
> The listing in Appendix F does actually specify stretchy="true" for
> the entries where it should be true.  However, to save space, the
> table leaves out attributes that have the same value as the default
> for operators not in the disctionary.  The text at the start of
> Appendix F says:
>
> > Any attribute not listed for some entry has its default value, which
> > is given in parentheses in the table of attributes in Section 3.2.5
> > Operator, Fence, Separator or Accent (mo).
>
> If you look in 3.2.5, you will see that the default value for
> "stretchy" listed in parentheses is false.  Hence, the Operator
> Dictionary in Appendix F only lists the cases where stretchy="true".

	Thank you for the reply.
	Are you not confusing "stretchy" with "symmetric"?  My problem is that
the symmetric attribute is not specified for any operator.  I realize it
has a default value of 'true', therefore I conclude that symmetric=true
for all operators.  Maybe this is intentional, but I find it a little
strange that *all* operators are symmetric by default...
	Thanks again, and regards.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro
<gjc@inescporto.pt> <gustavo@users.sourceforge.net>