RE: Questions regarding MathML

Dear Enrique,

MathML is not a product of any company but an XML language for representing
math. MathML is a public standard established by the W3C. The best place to
start to learn more about MathML is the W3C's math home page at
http://www.w3.org/Math/.

To display MathML in Internet Explorer, my company makes a free product
called MathPlayer. See http://dev.dessci/en/products/mathplayer/ to download
MathPlayer and learn more about MathML. MathPlayer's only requirement is
that it will only work with Internet Explorer 5.5 and later.

Although you can author MathML by hand, this is probably not the best way to
go. The number of options for authoring MathML is growing. The W3C page has
a listing of most of them. My company also makes MathType, the fancy version
of the Equation Editor that comes with Microsoft Office. One of its features
is the ability to save a Microsoft Word document containing math as a web
page with MathML for the equations. You can learn more about MathType at
http://dev.dessci/en/products/mathtype/win/ and download a 30-day demo.

I hope this helps.

Paul

Paul Topping                     email: pault@dessci.com
                                 phone: 562-433-0685
Design Science, Inc.             http://www.dessci.com
"How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, Equation Editor, TeXaide