Announcing a major mode for OMDoc (XML).

From gnu.emacs.sources.

Forwarded message 1

  • From: Peter Jansen <pjj@cs.cmu.edu>
  • Date: 17 Oct 2002 00:54:31 GMT
  • Subject: Announcing a major mode for OMDoc (XML).
We are happy to announce the (pre-)release of an emacs major mode for
editing OMDoc documents, in the hopes it will prove useful as is, and in
the expectation of significant improvements and extensions in the near
future.

OMDoc is an XML-based standard for Open Mathematical documents (see [1] for
details). The mode provides (some) support for coloring of different types
of (XML) tags, automated insertion of tag constructs, indentation, tag
completion, navigation and validation.

Portability is somewhat limited: the mode was mainly developed under emacs
20.7, and runs without problems under emacs 21.  We currently do not have
the resources for making it backwards-compatible with earlier versions, or
other flavors of emacs, e.g. XEmacs.

The mode can be downloaded from our web page
http://aiki.ccaps.cs.cmu.edu/index.shtml.

Comments, questions, bug reports etc. are welcomed.
Please send them to
       Peter Jansen (pjj@cs.cmu.edu), or
       Michael Kohlhase (kohlhase+@cs.cmu.edu)

-- Peter Jansen, for the CCAPS team at CMU - SCS.

[1] http://www.mathweb.org/omdoc/
[2] http://aiki.ccaps.cs.cmu.edu/index.shtml