Re: MATHML parser in Java (?)

Hi.

You wrote:

> I would like to manipulate MATHML-derived expression trees in JAVA.
> Has anyone produced class descriptions for classes representing the
> various MATHML elements?
>
> Has anyone created an XML schema description of MATHML? With one, I
> could use JAXB to create the class definitions.
>
> Thanks,
> Fred Hansen

I presume you are thinking of open source projects, but in case not, I
should point out that WebEQ is written in Java, and has classes for
all the MathML elements.  It exposes a DOM and the tree can
manipulated, rendered to an image or markup, etc.

There is a schema in development -- the Math WG has a draft version
that we are close to making public.  We will be posting an
announcement here within a few weeks I should think.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com