Re: Including SVG in MathML (conceptual issue)

"Alexander J. Vincent" <jscript@pacbell.net> writes:

> Thank you for your response, sir.  Would it be possible for a MathML
> future revision to clarify bringing in elements from other namespaces
> such as SVG and using them within the MathML markup?

A future version of MathML is not planned at this point but your
requirement is noted. Namespace mixing is certainly something
specifications now have to address.

> Also, on another note, the SVG use element is very handy in avoiding
> duplicating code.  Might a future MathML revision support a similar
> element for reusing MathML markup -- or is there a procedure I can use
> now to do so?

An XSLT transform comes to mind, which would replace a <use href=""/> element
and replace it with the target.

Max.