Re: MathML in Netscape 7.0

MathML wasn't yet enabled on the Mac at the time Netscape7
was being bundled & packaged for shipping and handling.
That's why I said that the enabling came too late -- after
Netscape7 had already gone to press, so to speak.

The installer doesn't have the necessary fonts. When users
visit a page with MathML for the very first time, they are
prompted about missing math fonts, and an URL is provided
where they can download these fonts:
screensoht: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=71830
Not the panacea, but a simple trade-off that has been working
remarkably well for mainstream usage. Also, some licenses (e.g.,
Mathematica) don't allow redistributing the fonts.

(Note: the prompt is one-time -- once per session. Users can block
it by tweaking their prefs as I documented earlier in another post.
But this should be reserved to the problematic cases. Why would
one want MathML without the fonts?)
---
RBS