URL validation, Windows 95 (win32) binaries

Hi,

I need a program that takes an URL on the command line and output the
HTTP header (validates the URL). Proxy support would also be nice. So, I
search all over the web for such a program but came up with nil. The
closest thing seems to be to use the WWW Library and write it myself.

Download was easy, but compiling got me. I have DJGPP and Borland C++
(not Visual C++).

So, can someone who succeded in compiling make binaries and libraries
available or (worse) give me some serious hints for the above
environment. I have read the w3 rationale for not distributing binaries.

Please reply directly to me also, since I am not on this mailing list.

Thanks,

Daniel Blomqvist (daniel@softlab.se)