HTDoConnect() failure

I ran into this problem yesterday, I tracked it down to the fact that my program
did not call HTEventInit() in the library, so it never called WSAStartup().
I added WSAStartup() by hand to my application and then everything worked.
I haven't tracked down all the architectural subtleties yet of why this is so.
But it works...