Re: Killing a request on Win32

> Environment: Win95, WWW-lib 4.0 DLLs, MSVC 4.1
>
> Hi - I can't seem to successfully kill off requests in Win32. Using
> HTRequest_kill() or HTNet_killAll() I get GPFs. Do you have to do
> something before using these?  Is there a better way?

No, you should be able to kill off any and all requests at all times.

> I'm running each request in a separate thread (real Win32 thread) and
> would like to stop it if the user gets tired or ...

The latest public libwww is in
ftp://ftp.w3.org:/pub/libwww/w3c-libwww-4.1b5.[tar.Z|tar.gz|zip]
Please try this release and see if you get the same problems.

If that doesn't work, you could check the version of Winsock by adding a
line to HTLibInit in HTLib.c

WSAStartup(..., &wsadata)
some checks
HTTrace("WinSock version \"%s\".\n", wsadata.szDescritpion);

Mail me back the information and I'll see what I can figure out.

-eric