  • From: Bill Rizzi <rizzi@softserv.com> <rizzi@softserv.com>
  • Date: 22 Aug 96 22:59:17
  • Subject: e: HTTP Server problem
  • To: im,Liu,<KLIU@us.oracle.com>
Kim Liu wrote:

> I have some problems with the HTTP server that I can't really pin down. After
> fixing the "100 Continue" reply status problem, I seem to be able to get the
> MiniServ to work with ComLine most of the time. However, I can't get lynx to
> work with MiniServ at all. Lynx seems to be able to receive the HTML file from
> MiniServ but the connection can't terminate properly. Looks like lynx is
> waiting for MiniServ to send something but MiniServ thinks it's done. Does
> anyone have problems like this?

	Netscape (and Lynx) seem to request a persistent connection.
I am using select(), ie. non-blocking sockets.  Thus, I call webd with
-single.  I discovered that the preemptive arg of Protocol_add() should be
set according to -single.  That made a big difference.

	I have been seeing a delay in connection termination, but I suspect
that may be from persistence being granted.  I've been using www talking to
webd ...

Bill Rizzi	rizzi@softserv.com			Software Services
    Z		http://www.softserv.com/~rizzi		Santa Barbara, CA