Re: Rule File (Using a Proxy server)

I have read the manual about the rule files  and have created the following
rule file (one line):

Proxy http http://www/

The ComLine sample program seems to recognise the syntax for the rule file
and try and initilise according to the rule, It comes up with the following
output:

***
*** HostName% w3c -r w3c.conf http://www.iol.ie
*** A new set of rules is to be added to your setup - continue? (y/n) y
*** Looking up www
*** Contacting www
*** Reading...
*** ...
***
But yet the request does NOT go through the proxy server.  Is there
something blatantly obvious that I have missed?  Or is this a symptom of
something more serious?

With thanks to Henrik for pointing me towards the correct documentation.

At 13:06 24/06/96 -0400, Henrik Frystyk Nielsen wrote:
>Roy Leonard writes:
>>

>> I am puzzled,  I have read through the manual for the Library and the ComLine
>
>> 'browser' and have seen many references to rule files. Does anybody have a
>> sample rule file?  Or know where I can find one?
>>
>> I hope to use the rule file to et ComLine to use a proxy server.  If a rule
>> file is not the appropriate way to do this, are there any suggestions about
>> a better way to do this?
>
>You can register proxies and gateways in two ways:
>
>1) Use a rule file as you mention. You can find the syntax of rule files in
>the library documentation at
>
>	http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/Library/User/Using/RuleSyntax.html

-==-
Roy Leonard 			+   Tel: +353-1-295-2529
Development Engineer		+   Fax: +353-1-295-3625
rleonard@ferrotec.ie
"Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"
-==-