Re: Re(2): saving a URL/newbie rant

 >"Henrik" == Henrik Frystyk Nielsen <frystyk@w3.org> writes:

 > libwww in C++ but I also don't think that this is necessary. What _is_
 > feasible, however, would be to build a C++ API on top of the libwww core.
 > For example a new HTAccess module with a lot better interface for getting a
 > URL in a simple way. This would be a good start!

 > I just toook a quick count - there are almost 350 subscribers to this
 > mailing list and I would be surprised if we should not be able to put
 > together a small team that would have as task to write a client API in C++
 > on top of libwww.

 > We would be happy to provide the disk space and maybe an additional mailing
 > list for this.

 > What do you say?

 > Henrik

I am not an expert on libwww but since I posted the `saving a URL' question
and since I am *already* writing C++ code that interfaces to libwww I might
as well volunteer. I have fairly modest requirements, however, so I think
that a group effort is the way to go.

James Gallagher		         The Distributed Oceanographic Data System
jgallagher@gso.uri.edu                            http://dods.gso.uri.edu/