Re: need help with setup

Henry Kwong writes:

>     I am a new user to wwwlib thing, and is having trouble installing wwwlib
> on my linux system.  (I have had past experience with C++ but I only have my
> linux running 2 weeks ago).  I managed to unzip everything and build the
> library properly, but when I try compiling the example file 1, it gave me
> something like WWWLib.h not found, so I changed the #include line from:

The examples do not have a proper set of make files. It seems like you need
to add where "make" can find the library include files. I include an example
make file below - hope this will help you.

>    Can someone please help me?? Thanks heaps.  Sorry if this is too much of a
> novice question in this list.

not at all

Henrik
#	Makefile for Libwww Examples
#
#	(c) COPYRIGHT MIT 1995.
#	Please first read the full copyright statement in the file COPYRIGH.

#  If this env var is set to something else Some makes will use that instead
SHELL = /bin/sh

include ../../All/$(WWW_MACH)/Makefile.include

#	Directories
CMN = $(WWW)/Library/Implementation
LIB = $(WWW)/Library/$(WWW_MACH)
LIBWWW = $(LIB)/libwww.a

CFLAGS2 = $(CFLAGS) -I$(CMN)
LFLAGS2 = $(LFLAGS) -L$(LIB) -lwww $(SYSLIBS)

#	MODULES
EXP1 = libapp_1
EXP2 = libapp_2
EXP3 = libapp_3