Proxy/Authentication Question

I'm trying to write a proxy that does some post processing on any text
it serves.  I've written a new "text/html"->"*/*" converter that does
the processing I need.

I've added this to MiniServ:

  HTConversion_add(ms->converters,"text/x-http","*/*", HTTPStatus_new,
		     1.0, 0.0, 0.0);
  HTConversion_add(ms->converters, "text/html", "*/*", MyConverter,
		     0.5, 0.0, 0.0);

Unfortunately, since I'm running HTTPStatus converter, it's eating all
the http header info (and the MIME converter is eating the MIME
info...).  So Unauthorized Access (401) messages aren't being passed
through to the client.

Do I have to change stream_pipe() in the HTTPStatus to write out the
http status back to the stream instead of eating it?

Thanks,

--Jonathan Sheena