V4 on WIN32s

Hello,
I use libwww v4 as static lib and vc++2.2 and generate a WIN32 binary. I
tested the stuff on a 3.11 + WIN32s platform. Here are first remarks.

1°)I had to set the NO_TIMEZONE flag on. Otherwise, the lib (htwwwstr.c)
expects some dynamic links which are NOT defined in the WIN32s version of
mscvrt20.dll (which are the microsoft runtime routines):
-daylight
-timezone
wherehas it is well-defined in the mscvrt20.dll version for NT & 95...
I do not know how far this could be solved with the mscvrt40.dll, but I
guess that such calls should be avoided to remain compatible with WIN32s.

2°)Declaring the protocols as preemptive seem not to be taken into account
on such platform, so that you should block interaction manually.

3°)Another problem that I encountered is that the "file:" protocol truncates
data when trying to load binary files from local storage. This also occurs
on WIN95.
| Laurent Vinesse                        |  JOUVE                 |
| Ingenieur logiciel / Software engineer |  12, rue des landelles |
| Telephone/Phone  : (+33) 99 86 98 12   |  Immeuble Hercule II   |
| Fax              : (+33) 99 86 98 01   |  35510 Cesson-Sevigne  |
| E-mail           : lvinesse@jouve.fr   |  FRANCE                |