FTP'ing files that grow?

When ftp'ing files from a UNIX server to a PC with the WWWLib
code in a simple non-interactive test application where the output
stream is defind to be WWW_SOURCE, the retrieved files are all
larger than the original. This is due to a CR '\r' being added before
every LF character in the file.This is true for all binary files and ascii
files retreived.

Can anyone either tell me what I'm doing wrong or where in the WWWLib
code the CR is being added so that I can get the original file retrieved
intact?

Thanks.
Kevin Hartig                  tel:       303-938-2082
GLOBE Program           fax:      303-938-2090
325 Broadway, R/E/FS4 e-mail: hartig@fsl.noaa.gov
Boulder, CO 80303        web:    http://khartoum.fsl.noaa.gov/hartig/home.htm