Re: Patch to greatly speed up repeated requests

Vic Bancroft wrote:

> Ouch, that should teach me to read through a patch before sending.
> The deletions from lines 89,116 actually answer the prior question.
> This just makes the initialization conditional.
>
> more,
> l8r,

Right - I was about to respond to your previous email and then saw your
second :-)

It would be nice to make all the other initializations conditional for
consistency, but there didn't seem to be an easy way to check for

On test suites - we tried out "Check" (a unit test framework for C) but
the sorts of things we were re-factoring it wasn't very helpful with
(database and other remote queries). Might be good here though.

          Arthur