  From: www-lib-request@w3.org [mailto:www-lib-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
Jerry G. Chiuan
  Sent: Monday, September 08, 2003 10:12 PM
  To: www-lib@w3.org
  Subject: multi-threads using libwww

  Hi All,
  I have seen a lot of discussion regarding multi-threads using libwww

  As I know, we can NOT have multi-threads which "directly" invoke libwww
function calls to send requests simultaneously
  what we only can do is all threads can put their requests to a quene, and
there is another "single" thread which ends up taking care of sending all of
requests

  However, in my application I have 2 threads, one of them would send
request to server and server would hold the request, I mean the sever will
not respond instantly until there are really something which needs to be
returned back to the client.
  Therefore, single thread MUST not be enough in my case. I definitely need
2nd thread which can do other things while 1st thread is blocked

  If libwww, as everyone mentions here, actually only has ONE thread
internally to handle request sending. I think I need to use other library
:~~

  Please correct my ideas and provide some suggestions

  thanks a lot
  - Jerry