Re: Heads up. Upgrading the autotools and expat versions

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 07:58:28PM +0100, Jose Kahan wrote:
> If you want to submit an autogen.sh file, I will be glad to include it.

What about the small one I mailed earlier? The autogen.sh files of Gnome
etc. have lots of additional features (automake version checks etc), but I
believe in "KISS", and this minimal autogen.sh usually does the job. And if
it doesn't, the user will notice soon enough... But if you want some
additional features in the script, I can easily add them for you.

> I've seen some examples of them. I just don't like it very much when they
> also call the configure script before you have changed to an object
> directory for compiling.

Oh yes, I hate that too! (Which is why my example doesn't do it. ;) With
some of them, you can set the environment var "NOCONFIGURE" or similar to
prevent it.

> Richard, are you the debian maintainer for libwww?

Yes, I am! <duck>

  Richard

--
  __   _