Re: using threads in libwww

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 05:13:19PM +0200, christophe.pierret@businessobjects.com wrote:
> In a GUI environment, I would have used the
> MsgWaitForMultipleObjects ...
>
> For unixes, I would have had to use a pipe to get out of the
> 'select' call, in order to process new request 'post' from main
> thread, and I had no time to write it under Unix.

BTW, for typical GUI applications you can actually get by perfectly
fine with just one thread.

I use libwww together with glib, GTK+ and the "glibwww" glue code to
develop a cross-platform "download manager"-like application.

Check <http://atterer.net/jigdo/> for working code. (The app itself is
far from finished, but multiple downloads already work.) I had to hack
glibwww a bit to make it work under Windows as well as Linux.

> My code for HTEvtLst/threaded under windows is available upon request.
>
> I also had to remove limitations about HTHost and HTAnchor (in a server
> environment, I call these limitations 'memleaks' :-)

Have you made sure that your bugfixes are also included in the main
libwww sources? That would be a benefit for all libwww users.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _