Re: post.c too slow due to select() sleeping in event loop - what to do?

On Mon, 11 Mar 2002, Wells, Charles wrote:

> The example "post.c" is taking way to long to execute (at least on Unix
> anyway).  I sort of know the reason for this, but not the best solution.

For some reason, this is by design (search for 'Write Delay' in HTTP.h).
You can change the amount of time HTPostAnchor waits after writing the
header before posting, by setting

  HTTP_setBodyWriteDelay(ms_t first_try, ms_t second_try)

I usually use (250,500). The defaults are (2000ms,3000ms), which is enough
to just make you crazy.

--
  Med venlig hilsen,
    James Avery <avery@wapmore.com>