From: www-lib-request@w3.org [mailto:www-lib-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of
David Binderman
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 1:40 PM
To: www-lib@w3.org
Subject: w3c-libwww-5.2.8-7 bug report

  Hello there,

  In compiling package w3c-libwww-5.2.8-7, from Redhat 7.1,

  the Compaq C compiler produced the following messages

  1.

  cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 343: In this statement, the expression
"start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once
without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined.
(undefvarmod)

  start = start ? ++start : line;

  --------^

  2.

  cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 349: In this statement, the expression
"start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once
without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined.
(undefvarmod)

  start = start ? ++start : line;

  --------^

  3.

  cc: Warning: HTGopher.c, line 402: In this statement, the expression
"start=start?++start:line" modifies the variable "start" more than once
without an intervening sequence point. This behavior is undefined.
(undefvarmod)

  start = start ? ++start : line;

  --------^

  4.

  cc: Warning: CSApp.c, line 382: The scalar variable "pCSUser" is fetched
but not initialized. And there may be other such fetches of this variable
that have not been reported in this compilation. (uninit1)

  HTTRACE(PICS_TRACE, "PICS: User \"%s\" not found.\n" _
CSUser_name(pCSUser));

  --------^

  I'm afraid I have no fixes for any of these problems I have found.

  Regards

  --

  David Binderman