Re: Broken pipes & lost requests

I think you are right!
It can't really be called a bug but a sort af unexpected and undesired
behaviour, not to say a programming error.
In fact which reason might there be not to recover after a write which
resulted in a broken pipe?
I consider the side effect of loosing requests quite serious.
But let me ask you something:
-Have you too observed some requests loss?

-When you talk of timers, do you mean the HTTimer object bound to the output
stream defined in HTBufWrt.c?
  If this is the case,   why ,in your opinion, checking out the value of
this timer in the HTBufferWriter_lazyFlush()?
  Why not cheking and eventually dispatching its cbf function only in the
HTEventListLoop (HTEvtLst.c) as we do for
  any other timers? Recovery would be quite easy and hopefully safe.

 -Are you too having memory growth when submitting many requests to the same
host ?
 If so you may refer to other mails with subject "HTAnchor" in the mailing
list . In fact there are no more doubt that the  HTAnchor objects are  never
canceled until the end of the program execution and that a new HTAnchor
object is created for every new request to the same host  if the urls  are
different.

Regards,

Azzurra