Von: Nick Riebeek [mailto:nriebeek@powersurfr.com]
Gesendet: Freitag, 26. Januar 2001 04:25
An: www-lib@w3.org
Betreff: Attaching a timer to asynchronous requests

Hi there, I am trying to write a variation of the non-blocking mget sample
program which will take in as input a file of urls and thendump these to
stdout.  My problem is that when an url is busy or for whatever reason very
slow to respaond, the whole program hands and can be exited only by manually
killing it.  What I want is for a request to be cancelled after a certain
timeout.  Any idea how this can be done?  I have looked at the HTTimer class
but haven't had much luck with it.  Thanks for any help.  I have included
the code below.

[Code deleted]