Re: anyone working on WebDAV support for libwww?

> Steinar Bang wrote:

>> This question comes up on this list from time to time.  I've asked
>> twice (I think...:-) ), and the last time it was asked was in May
>> of last year.

> Does this indicate a desire to volunteer ???

Unfortunately, I'm not.

I'm using libwww from a C++ wrapper, that in other contexts handle the
interface to Netscape from a plugin, or IE from an ActiveX control.

I'm also parsing XML using a SAX style C++ API wrapped over expat.

If I'm to implement WebDAV, I have to implement it using this
framework, and what I implement won't be usable outside of my own
application.

>> So, I'm asking it again:

>> Are anyone working on WebDAV <http://www.webdav.org> support in
>> libwww right now?

> Is there something unfavorable about using the Neon[1] libraries ???

Lack of documentation, and the warning on <http://www.webdav.org/neon/>
that the API is not yet stable and subject to change.

...and the fact that libwww already works for me...:-)

> Are you proposing that someone should write a client version similar
> to the "FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL (FTP) CLIENT" in HTFTP.c[2] ???

I'm not sure.

Since WebDAV is HTTP 1.1++, I thought maybe the best way to go, would
be to augment the HTTP protocol support...?

Of course I risk that anything done in this way would clash with my
use of expat... hm... maybe I can't use WebDAV implemented inside of
libwww at all...?

> Are you asking for help in writing such a module[3] ???

Unfortunately not.