AW: Urgent: Help on output binaries needed

Hi Timo

I try to tunnel a binary through a cgi.
CGI get binary and print this out.
F.e. a gif is downloaded by my cgi and is printed out to stdout.
This function very good with Internet Explorer 5, but not with Netscape
Navigator (<url to cgi>?<url to image>).
It's only function, when the image is implemented in html (img src = "<url
to cgi>?<url to image>").
I want to extend my cgi to read all data and put them out to stdout for
downloading stuff via the cgi.

I recognize that the header is wrong.
All output with "content..." (cout << "Content-type = image/gif" << endl <<
endl) were put into the body
not into the header and appear into the browser window, the picture will not
be displayed anymore.
How can I edit the header without editing the body?

I use SUN Workshop 4.2 with RogueWave Libs and of course libwww,
Netscape Enterprise Server 3.51 on a Sun Sparc20 with Solaris 2.6.