Re: Probably FAQ: Implementing a server....

(Reposting because it didn't get sent to the list)

Hello Peter,

In our previous episode, Peter Stamfest said:
> On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, Raffaele Sena wrote:
>
> Can anybody confirm this? Are there alternatives [jigsaw is NOT an option
> due to java]?

It was removed from libwwwi. Henrik wrote:

  The miniserver was really just an experiment and as you say is broken
  badly now. Although you can use the libwww for handling parts of a
  server (the old CERN server used the file access module, for example),
  it is an entirely different affair implementing the whole server in
  libwww. This is not something that I have in mind doing.

> >     The HTTP module used to contain some server and proxy code, but I think
> >     it has been removed.

I remember that Henrik added that code again at some point. However, I don't
know what is its status.

I think that the best alternative is to try to use Apache or some other
library. libwww (IMO) is mostly suited for client applications.

-Jose