Re: HTLocal bug?

Hello Jose,

In message Re: HTLocal bug?
      jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:

> > diff -bw HTFile.c.orig HTFile.c
> > 439c439
> > < 		if (HTHost_addNet(host, net) == HT_PENDING)
> > ---
> > > 		if (HTHost_addNet(host, net) == HT_PENDING) {
> > 440a441,442
> > >                     return HT_OK;
> > >                 }
>
> Is there any reason why you are (were) returning HT_OK instead of HT_PENDING?

Let me remind...the reason was, probably I just followed the way
of HT_Cache. In HT_Cache, it returns HT_OK in a similar situation.

Also I noticed that almost all of other HT???Event callbacks return
only HT_OK or sometimes HT_ERROR, and the return values of them seem
to be rarely used. (It is sometimes very confusing, because a few code
assumes the return values are meaningful, while some callbacks don't
make them so.)

> I just made a change in HTFile.c to return HT_PENDING. It seems to be working.

I agree with you. It will make the situation clearer.
(Also I think that modifying HT_Cache.c similarly would be better.)

> I'll commit it to the base.
> Can you give it a try to see if it is working with your code?

Sure I can.

Thank you for your time for maintainance the libwww.
I'm looking forward to the new version of libwww.
--