Re: Downloading web pages using threads

Kaming Young <kmyoung7@ie.cuhk.edu.hk> wrote:
> hi
>
> libwww says it do pipelining, but how does it accomplish this?
>
> I try to look at the trace from the Example program mget, which uses non-blocking and fire off pipeline requests
>
> but it seems that libwww put all the requests in the pending queue,
> while waiting for response
> and pop up a request from pending queue to pipe and send to server after receiving request of previous response
>
> i have extracted some part from the trace about socket read write, pls correct me if i interpret the trace incorrectly

Basically, it queues requests if the pipe is busy already. When the request
in the pipe is done, it pops the next one off the pending queue and starts
it using the same connection (socket).

I think once the pending queue is empty it closes the connection.
--
Sam Couter                                              sam@topic.com.au
Internet Engineer                               http://www.topic.com.au/