Re: Line mode browser

The code builds and runs on Linux and UNIX; I made notes for
MSVC++ 5.0.

Back in June, I managed to beat up the line mode browser so that it
compiled and ran in a Linux environment.  (There were some HTStyle
issues that I wasn't able to address, but the code definitely ran.)
Henrick and Raffaele were kind enough to check the code in
to CVS.  Hopefully, the "not currently compiled" message doesn't
show up in a UNIX or Linux build.

I then took a crack at rebuilding under MSVC++ 5.0.  I did get
it to work, but not without a lot of library difficulty.  The results
are documented in my message to www-lib@w3.org on June 28, 1999.
( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-lib/1999AprJun/0285.html )
I was hoping that someone would take my notes on the MSVC side,
and roll them into www.mak, www.dsw, or whatever.  Perhaps
someone would still like to do that.

Sorry I could not provide the complete solution myself.  After
having played build master in Linux, Solaris, and MSVC 4.x/5.x
environments (and in great depth on each), I decided I don't
know enough about doing distributed MSVC development for more
than a small development shop.

--Rick Kwan, Lightsaber Computing
  rick.kwan@lightsaber.com