Re: Using libwww with gnome/gtk+

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 jose.kahan@w3.org wrote:

> One question, didn't you need to register the timers too with libwww?
> When I set up my X11 libwww interface in Amaya, I had to register them too,
> using:
>
> 	   HTTimer_registerSetTimerCallback ();
> 	   HTTimer_registerDeleteTimerCallback ();
>
> (Same principle as with HTEvent_setRegisterCallback).

I did an earlier, independant glib main loop hookup in GMF that
(theoretically) handles timers as well. See
http://cvs.gnome.org/lxr/source/gmf/filters/basic/gmf-filter-source-net/gmf-filter-source-net.c

Unfortunately, there's a bad hack or two in there that I couldn't see how
to implement any other way - someone with a better knowledge of libwww
certainly will be able to provide a cleaner implementation. I suspect
James will have a nice one inside gnorpm soon that everyone else can copy.

> One last interesting question, why are you using libwww instead of ghttp?

Because he's unconsciously listening to the ghttp author, who deprecated
that library in favor of libwww... :)

-- Elliot
The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering!